The Berkeley Executive Coaching Certificate Program is a ten-day intensive training for executives seeking to become better managers and leaders, as well as individuals interested in becoming executive coaches. Our certification program focuses on developing coaches who excel at the critical soft skills leaders require today – including empathy, professional intimacy, leadership presence and effective communication skills.
Participants will undergo intensive study in mastery of the Active Communicating® coaching methodology. This methodology is based on our belief that the coach is a catalyst, and all good managers must have excellent coaching skills.
The program consists of over 90 contact hours of group classes, individual tutorials and coaching and practicum that will lead to certification as an executive coach awarded from the University of California, Berkeley Executive Education.
• 10 days (approx. 90 hrs.) of in-person instruction and training with Berkeley Executive Coaching Institute (Berkeley ECI) faculty
• Topics: authentic and inspirational leadership; coaching methodology and techniques; meditation and mindfulness; communication and storytelling skills.
• Private 1-on-1 coaching sessions with Berkeley ECI faculty coaches
• Coaching practicum – an opportunity to coach employees at leading companies
• 4 months of follow-up distance learning and online group sessions
• Access to a global network of leaders and experienced coaches
• Accommodations, most meals and transit to practicum days are included.
“The best investment you can make is an investment you make in yourself: ECI was an unforgettable experience that has influenced who I am today. I learned how to live in the present, effectively coach my direct reports, and strengthened my own unique leadership style. This experience has not only progressed my professional career, but has also applied to my personal life and how I interact with others.”
— Janine Lee, ECI 2014 Graduate, Founder and CEO, Capture the Dream Inc.
May 28 - June 6, 2017
ECI Europe makes its home at the Villa Godiola outside of Florence. After the immersion days, participants travel by train to Milan for the coaching practicum with business professionals from a variety of industries.
August 18 - 27, 2017
After an introductory evening at a 4-star hotel in Bangkok, the program moves to a coastal resort for the immersion portion. Participants return to Bangkok for the practicum days, hosted by leading organizations.
Berkeley, California, USA
October 13 - 22, 2017
The program is in residence at the historic Faculty Club on the campus of the University of California, Berkeley. The practicum days take place at exceptional organizations in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Early registration saves $2,000 when you enroll more than 90 days before the start of the program. Accommodations, breakfast, lunch and some dinners are included with the cost.