Open Innovation for Leaders (In-Person)
Open Innovation for Leaders
About the Program
In this new online program, executives will learn the major concepts behind one of the most exciting developments in innovation management over the past 20 years and put these concepts to work. Open innovation was originally created by Faculty Director, Henry Chesbrough, in 2003. Since then it has been widely adopted in mid to large size companies, spreading from Silicon Valley to around the globe. This program gives you the opportunity to master these ideas from the 'Father of Innovation'.
We are currently in the process of scheduling program dates for the in-person, Open Innovation for Leaders program.
If you are interested in the in-person Open Innovation for Leaders program, please fill out the waitlist form to be informed when we schedule a program date.
We also offer an online version of the program, which you can check out here!
The Open Innovation for Leaders program curriculum covers the following topics:
Topic 1 | The business case for open innovation
Topic 2 |How to organize and manage open innovation
Topic 3 |Examples of open innovation in practice
Topic 4 |Sources of Friction and Failure in open innovation
Topic 5 | The role of intellectual property
Topic 6 |How to manage innovation in the next recession
Topic 7 |How to plan to manage/improve open innovation in your organization
Download the program topics
Who It's For
- Executives responsible for managing and executing innovation in their organization
- Senior R&D staff and managers
- Senior information system managers
- Business development managers searching for sources of organic growth
- Anyone with “Open Innovation” in their job title or job description
- A group of colleagues or team who would like to advance their skills together
Cost & Features
- In-person, immersive program held at Haas School of Business
- World-renowned Berkeley Haas and Executive Education Faculty
- Father of Open Innovation-led program
- Dynamic hands-on exercises
- A personal innovation plan and an optional 90-day follow up session with Professor Chesbrough to review progress against your plan
- Exclusive networking opportunities
- Access to the program alumni community
- Open Innovation for Leaders Program Certificate of Completion
A UC Berkeley Certificate of Business Excellence gives individuals the opportunity to create a personal plan of study structured by our four academic pillars. Participants will earn a mark of distinction with certification from a world-class university, and enjoy the flexibility of completing the program in up to three years.