Product Management Program
5-day in-person program
The Product Management Certificate Program is a five-day, immersive, in-person training experience. Before you arrive, we include a six-week online component (set aside about two hours per week for this), including customized video lectures and readings, discussions with your new classmates, colleague surveys, exercises, and a simulation game.
The program combines the latest in Design Thinking with the best of the Berkeley-Haas MBA program, to prepare you for your role: understanding your customers’ environment and needs, designing customer experiences, boosting your team’s performance, and mobilizing your organization to take action and develop a competitive advantage.
Dr. Sara Beckman, who has led the program since 2006, continually updates the training program to reflect the latest research and industry best practices. Along with all program faculty, she maintains a consulting practice, to stay up-to-date on current issues facing product managers and companies like yours.
Effectively communicate, to any audience, a comprehensive business model for your existing business, as well as for product extensions and new lines of business you wish to create. The training leverages the Product Management Canvas as the primary framework.
Create pricing tools and systems ideal for your product portfolio and learn a systematic methodology to allocate scarce resources among products to optimize product profitability.
Learn how to effectively manage your cross-functional team even when you lack direct authority and or in remote work situations.
Hone your negotiation skills and effectively communicate as a product owner with the appropriate decision-makers and stakeholders to get your product management ideas implemented.
Gain effective methods for driving product decisions without succumbing to the “tyranny of the inbox”.
Harness the latest customer-centric frameworks to gain deeper insights. Integrate market feedback to drive innovation and build differentiated products and services.
Features, Dates, & Cost
- Five-day in-person program at UC Berkeley Haas School of Business campus
- Six weeks of online content prior to the intensive in-person week (set aside about two hours per week for this). This includes customized video lectures and readings, discussions with your new classmates, colleague surveys, exercises, and a simulation game.
- World-renowned Berkeley Haas and Executive Education Faculty
- Training from industry experts in design thinking, customer-focused design & insights, competitive strategy, business model generation, influence without authority, team management, and pricing
- Organization-specific Innovation Capabilities Report
- Hands-on exercises and simulations to ensure that knowledge gets put to work in your organization
- Peer coaching from industry experts that have complementary backgrounds to yours
- Exclusive networking reception with faculty
- Access to the program alumni community
- Product Management Certificate of Completion
Monday-Friday 9:00 am - 5:30 pm PT
Six weeks of online content prior to the intensive in-person week (set aside about two hours per week for this)
The deadline to enroll in the February program has passed. Please fill out the waitlist form to be considered for enrollment on a case-by-case and space-available basis. Please note: late enrollment may have an impact on your experience in the program due to pre-work assignments.
Registration Deadline for the May program is March 28th
Who It's For
- Product Managers, Directors, and Vice Presidents of Product Management
- Product Marketers, Program Managers, and Product Designers
- Product Developers or Engineers taking on the role of Product Management
- Managers of product portfolios and corporate strategy: General Managers, Business Unit Managers, CEOs
- A group of colleagues or team who would like to advance their skills together
Want to approach your employer about professional development and request employer support? Read the Employer Payment Assistance Guide.
Certificate of Completion
Signal your professional achievement to your network and get recognized for your completion! Upon successful completion of the program, UC Berkeley Executive Education grants a verified digital certificate of completion to participants that you are encouraged to add to your profiles.
Note: This program results in a digital certificate of completion and is not eligible for degree credit/CEUs. After successful completion of the program, your verified digital certificate will be emailed to you directly. All certificate images are for illustrative purposes only and may be subject to change at the discretion of UC Berkeley Executive Education.
Participants in the Certificate of Business Excellence (COBE) program will earn a mark of distinction from a world-class university, gain access to a powerful global network, and enjoy the flexibility of completing the program in up to three years. A UC Berkeley Certificate of Business Excellence allows individuals to create a personal learning journey structured by our four academic pillars to gain management essentials in Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Strategy, and Finance to drive both personal and organizational development.