Strategic Sustainability for Business
Strategic Sustainability for Business
Sustainable development and corporate social responsibility impact your business; how is your company shaping the market? And why is sustainability a strategic goal for business?
Sustainable actions of a company start with engaged leaders who are aware of the resources needed. Sustainability is a competitive advantage socially, environmentally, and economically more now than ever before, and it is an important matter for senior executives and leaders in order to responsibly lead the company into the future while valuing company transparency and reputation. A sustainable innovation culture requires top management commitment and ambition to make a difference. Are you, as a leader, ready and prepared?
The Strategic Sustainability for Business program focuses on strengthening the link between sustainability and business strategy within the business environment. Leaders need to take action and manage the value chain of their business, ensuring that sustainability and business strategy are mutually complementary.
The program is a comprehensive introduction to sustainability strategy development and implementation within the business. During the program, you will increase your understanding of key strategic themes for future success through sustainability. You will network with experienced leaders and experts via inspiring group discussions and reflections, lectures, and business presentations.
Content and Schedule
The program consists of a blended setup of online and hybrid sessions. The program includes a kick-off webinar, online and hybrid training days including wrap-up and post-program food for thoughts, and an online session in the field of change management.
During the program, you will work on a sustainability strategy workbook designed for this program, explicitly for your company. The workbook will follow you throughout the program and the goal is for you to have concrete action steps for your organization to apply. The program combines practical knowledge and real cases with top names in the area from academia and the business world.
The Strategic Sustainability for Business program curriculum covers the following modules:
Date: May 5, 2021 at 17:00 – 18:30 EET
- Program orientation, presenting learning objectives and assignments, networking
- What does sustainability mean from an organizational point of view?
- Becoming a Changemaker: Leading change and innovation
Date: May 6, 2021 at 17:00 – 20:30 EET
- Global Sustainability Trends
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)
- Lessons from Global Sustainability Leaders
- Nordics are SDG leaders: How to leverage as competitive advantage?
Dates: May 20–21, 2021 at 09:00 – 16:30 EET
Location: Aalto EE premises in Helsinki, FInland and live stream
May 20, 2021
- What is strategy and why is sustainability a strategic question?
- Linking sustainability with corporate strategy and competitive advantage
- Obtaining business benefits through sustainability
- Strategic vs. operative sustainability management
- Strategic Analysis and Strategy Design for Sustainability
May 21, 2021
- Sustainability challenges as a basis for innovation
- Lean Start-up Practices and Sustainability
- Exploring business models with Sustainability
- Validating Business Models and Sustainability
- Iterative, incremental, and agile solutions development
Dates: May – June 2021
Essentials of Leading Change is a flexible study module aimed at developing skills for leading and implementing strategic change in projects in a global context.
Dates: June 7–9, 2021 at 17:00 – 20:30 EET
June 7, 2021
- Leading sustainability and building organizational capabilities
- What type of organizations succeeds in sustainability?
- Leading and executing: Driving change through sustainability
- Sustainable Open Innovation
June 8, 2021
- Communicating your Sustainability Strategy
- Go-to-market internal and external strategies
- Driving and leading change initiatives
June 9, 2021
- Sustainability Communications
- Best practices in sustainability communications
- Walk the walk vs. talk the talk?
- Know your audience
Who It's For
The Strategic Sustainability for Business program is designed for senior executives and managers responsible for strategic decisions, either directly or indirectly regarding the sustainable development strategy of the company, business or department.
The program is also beneficial for:
- Executives who are and/or need to change the conversation in their companies, industries, and communities about the impact their companies are making on climate change
- Senior Managers who are responsible for the corporate sustainability strategy and sustainable development
- Executives who want to develop their expertise in sustainable development and prepare for the future.
Cost & Features
- World-renowned Berkeley Haas, Berkeley Executive Education, and Aalto University Faculty
- Live, interactive webinar (also available as recordings)
- World-class lectures and facilitated learning sessions designed to accelerate change in the organization
- Peer discussions and exercises
- Exclusive network-building opportunities
- Access to the program alumni community
- Strategic Sustainability for Business Certificate of Completion