Steve Tadelis holds the Sarin Chair in Strategy and Leadership and is a Professor of Economics, Business and Public Policy at Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley. Steve previously held the James J. and Marianne B. Lowrey Chair in Business (2016-2019) and the Joe Shoong Chair in International Business (2015-2016) and served as the Associate Dean for Strategic Planning (2006-2009) at the Haas School of Business.
Prior to starting his position at Berkeley Haas, Steve was an Assistant Professor at Stanford University for eight years. While on leave from Berkeley, Steve held positions as a Senior Director and Distinguished Economist at eBay Research Labs (2011-2013) and Vice President of Economics and Market Design at Amazon (2016-2017) where he applied economic research tools to a variety of product and business applications, working with technologists, machine learning scientists, and business leaders. He continues to advise Amazon part-time as an Amazon Scholar. Steve’s current areas of research are e-commerce, industrial organization, procurement contracting, and market design.
Publications & Media
- Honorable Mention, Cheit Teaching Award, Full-Time MBA Program, 2010-2011
- Montias prize – best article published in the Journal of Comparative Economics in 2010-2011
- Barbara and Gerson Bakar Faculty Fellow, UC Berkeley Haas School of Business, 2008-2015
- Phi Beta Kappa Undergraduate Teaching Award, Stanford University, 2005
- Department of Economics Advising Award, Stanford University, 2002
- W. Glenn Campbell and Rita Ricardo-Campbell National Fellow, Hoover Institution, 1999-2000
- Review of Economic Studies European Tour Speaker, May 1997
- Alfred P. Sloan Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship, 1995-1996
- National Science Foundation Research Grants: 1999-2000, 2000-2002, 2003-2008, 2016-2018