We’ve Gone Digital
We’ve Gone Digital
A Revolutionary Learning Experience That Defies Boundaries
The Lab & Forum bring Berkeley to you.
Begin your learning journey with a series of activities specifically designed to connect you with the content and your classmates. Through pre-program readings and short videos, you can familiarize yourself with the curriculum and core program objectives. Get to know your peers by participating in discussion boards and polls. Meet and get acquainted with program coaches.
Experience a virtual classroom that goes beyond the standard video conferencing experience. The Forum replicates the physical classroom dynamic through a multi-camera interface that brings the classroom to you and allows you to participate in fast-paced discussions supported by polling and whiteboard tools.
Connect and engage in breakout sessions with faculty and peers to discuss, brainstorm, plan, ideate, and complete group activity exercises. The Lab is your digital collaboration space, where you can meet in groups and apply what you are learning through application exercises and focused activities.
The program culminates with sessions designed to reinforce what you have learned and prepare you to apply it to an organizational setting. Share your final presentations, participate in Q&A sessions, debrief with your groups, and reflect with faculty.
Exec Ed FORUM
Imagine the feeling of sitting in the classroom when you are actually thousands of miles away. The faculty stands before you in the lecture space, and can see and respond to you as if you are seated in the front row. You sense and engage with classmates virtually seated all around you while participating from the comfort of your home. Every seat is front of class, letting you fully immerse and stay focused in the learning. The Forum is a digital lecture theater where participants naturally engage in dialog with faculty, give individual and group presentations, and take part in panel discussions. The Forum brings the outstanding Berkeley learning experience to you, no matter where you are.
Exec Ed FORUM
We call this space the Forum because that is the very purpose it serves. Sessions in the Forum enable instructor-led discussions, presentations, and panels. With advanced features like telepresence, whiteboards, and polling, participants benefit from dynamic interactions comparable (and in some ways superior) to those offered in the physical classroom.
- Immerse in a real-time, state of the art classroom experience
- Engage 1:1 with faculty using advanced interactive technology
- Connect with faculty and classmates with a heightened level of exchange through real-time quizzes and polls, advanced chat, panel discussions, whiteboards, content sharing and more
- Receive real-time answers to your questions via the 'hand raising' and 'ask the host' functionality
- Participate in a front-row experience with a panorama view of fellow classmates
- Access technical support if needed to ensure a smooth experience
Exec Ed LAB
How can you best engage the faculty and your new colleagues in brainstorming sessions, project planning, and coaching opportunities in the digital space? The Lab provides the best venue for you to meet with groups for effective coaching and collaboration. Conducted over Zoom, the Lab gives you the digital breakout space for collective deep dives and application exercises. Whether you’re working 1:1 with faculty or in a group to work through classroom exercises, the Lab will provide the ideal space you need to accomplish your learning goals.
Exec Ed LAB
While the Forum serves as our digital space for intimate classwide interactions, we also need learning modalities that allow for more multilateral group engagements. The functionalities of Zoom allowed us to create that very digital space that we call the Lab. Think of the Lab as a space for intensive group work and collaboration, a space for brainstorming and project planning. Woven intentionally with Forum engagements into our strategic learning design, the Lab is a space where participants can apply, practice, execute, and iterate on what they have learned in our programs.
- Take part in multilateral group exercises (simulations, group work, brainstorming, role play exercises) held via Zoom
- Apply, practice, execute, and iterate on learnings in the Forum
- Collaborate and exchange ideas with peers in breakout rooms
- Participate in peer and instructor coaching
- Join virtual coffee chats and happy hours to better know fellow classmates and build your network