Artificial Intelligence: Business Strategies and Applications
About the Program
In 2016, the global Artificial Intelligence (AI) market grew to $1.4 billion, and by 2025, the global AI market is expected to expand to almost $60 billion, according to TechJury. Artificial Intelligence is transforming the personal and professional lives of people across the world. AI refers to the development of computer systems that can perform tasks usually requiring human intelligence, such as visual perception, speech recognition, and even decision making. These technologies can be applied to a number of undertakings to benefit organizations seeking to improve outcomes and productivity. To compete in this new tech-driven economy, you must understand how game-changing technologies such as AI can benefit the different business functions in your organization.
The Artificial Intelligence program curriculum covers the following topics:
Topic 1 | Introduction – AI and Business
Topic 2 |Machine Learning Basics
Topic 3 |Neural Networks and Deep Learning
Topic 4 |Key Applications: Computer Vision & Natural Language Processing
Topic 5 |Robotics
Topic 6 |AI Strategy
Topic 7 |AI and Organizations: Building Your AI Team
Topic 8 |The Future of AI in Business
Across the eight modules, you will develop and refine an AI-related project or initiative for your own organization. The project culminates in a business case and plan that uses AI to transform at least one aspect of the business. The plan can be put into action after elements are tested throughout the program. If you do not have an organizational project or initiative to develop, faculty will provide project ideas.
Your Learning Journey
You can expect a hands-on approach that builds a bridge between the engineering and technical aspects of AI with the business applications. Leading faculty from both disciplines teach in the program, bringing their diverse experiences to the topic of AI. The program includes live and recorded lectures, case studies, assignments, applied learning opportunities, and interactive discussion groups. The program includes four live teaching sessions, real-world examples, and a capstone project.
This program requires no engineering or technical experience. As the program progresses, you will learn the basics of AI technologies and how they can be applied to your organization. It's not about becoming a technical expert, but rather having a foundational understanding of AI and how it can be positioned to improve efficiency and effectiveness across your organization.
Download the program topics
Who It's For
- Senior leaders including C-suite executives overseeing the integration of AI into their organization's business strategy
- Senior managers and executives involved with managing teams and AI-driven projects
- Functional Business Heads interested in exploring AI opportunities across business functions
- Mid-career professionals looking to bolster their career opportunities through new technologies
- Data Scientists and Analysts involved in research for business intelligence or data analytics where AI may be useful
- Professionals eager to upskill and advance in their career with the recent advancement in applications of AI in business
Cost & Features
- World-renowned Berkeley Haas and Executive Education Faculty
- Video lectures from Berkeley Haas faculty
- Live, interactive webinars (also available as recordings)
- Peer discussions and exercises
- Case Study on Vodafone
- Exclusive online network-building opportunities
- Access to the program alumni community
- Artificial Intelligence: Business Strategies and Applications Certificate of Completion
A UC Berkeley Certificate of Business Excellence gives individuals the opportunity to create a personal plan of study structured by our four academic pillars. Participants will earn a mark of distinction with certification from a world-class university, and enjoy the flexibility of completing the program in up to three years.