Black Executive Leadership Accelerator
Black Executive Leadership Accelerator
Three-months (12-weeks) in total, 2 hours per week.
The Black Executive Leadership Accelerator is a vehicle for professionals from African American and underrepresented communities to develop critical leadership skills, navigate accelerating change in the business ecosystem, and strengthen their impact. Throughout the virtual program, participants will reflect upon modern opportunities and challenges that African American leaders face.
Combining both UC Berkeley’s world-renowned faculty, Urban League of Greater San Francisco Bay Area's commitment to connect and advance African American and other underrepresented communities, and the real-world expertise of business practitioners sharing their own personal journeys - the program culminates with a curriculum focused on accelerating career growth, business impact, economic development, and network expansion among emerging Black leaders and those interested in their advancement.
Acquire research-based techniques to develop your unique leadership style, and prepare for potential situations where you can leverage your leadership.
Learn modern business trends on leadership, strategy, and innovation that will enable you to drive change within your organization and beyond.
Connect with other minority professionals in diverse industries and expand your professional network.
Features, Dates, & Cost
- Orientation held on January 10, 2022
- Live virtual sessions held weekly on Mondays from 4:00 - 6:00 pm PT
- An immersive learning experience, combining experiential learning activities and collaboration with faculty and practitioners to provide immediately actionable tools and strategies to apply in your own work
- Participatory, active program design, with an emphasis on small group exercises and conversations, and peer coaching with classmates
- Networking and community elements, designed to build and sustain connections and impact, well beyond the program
Program Dates & Cost
The application deadline is December 20, 2021
Who It's For
- Black leaders seeking to advance to higher levels of responsibility by strengthening today's most critical leadership skills during times of accelerating change
- Leaders seeking to drive change and model and advance inclusive leadership within their organizations
- Mid-tier leaders committed to strengthening their individual impact while advancing the collective impact of Black leaders in business
The Black Executive Leadership Accelerator learning journey includes three main immersions: Leading Self, Leading Teams, and Leading the Business. Within these three immersions, the learning journey is segmented further into the below components.
Begin your journey with a session designed to engage and connect leaders through sharing of personal goals, while gaining insight into the overall learning journey and desired outcomes.
Strengthen your skills as an agile, authentic leader, able to lead through others, navigate ambiguity and complexity, set and achieve priorities with confidence. Led by Berkeley Haas faculty through an immersive virtual learning experience.
Through its vast network, Urban League of Greater San Francisco Bay Area has gathered incredible leaders and mentors of color, to share their own personal leadership journeys and lessons, to help accelerate yours.
One of the most important components of this learning journey is you. Among the most powerful and lasting learnings will be from the sharing of experiences and insight among peers. Engage fully, share openly, and the group will form strong bonds that extend long beyond the program.
Kenneth E. Maxey II
President, Urban League of Greater San Francisco Bay Area
The goal of the Black Executive Leadership Accelerator is to provide African Americans with an opportunity to thrive in their leadership journey. Urban League of Greater San Francisco Bay Area has crafted this curriculum together with Berkeley Executive Education with this goal in mind. Through practitioner panels, students will also hear advice from Black Leaders with real-world experience.