2-month online program | 4-6 hours per week
During this online journey, you'll connect with Berkeley's faculty, industry leaders, and peers from every corner of the globe, taking a deep dive into the applications of blockchain technology for business and society. Taking a case-based approach featuring use cases from finance, healthcare, supply chain management, and consumer products, you'll collaborate through moderated discussion boards and join the faculty for live interviews with industry leaders, including Q&A. In addition, there are live office hours to supplement the live and recorded sessions.
Gain a comprehensive overview of blockchain as a technology and 1,000+ cryptocurrencies
Learn how companies have strategically used blockchain for business opportunities and solutions
Learn the latest regulatory, policy developments, and governance of blockchain in major economies
Discover what trends of blockchain you should look out for
Features, Dates, & Cost
- World-renowned Berkeley Haas and Executive Education Faculty
- Video lectures from Berkeley Haas faculty
- Live, interactive webinars (also available as recordings)
- Peer discussions and exercises
- Case Studies
- Exclusive online network-building opportunities
- Access to the program alumni community
- Blockchain: Technologies and Applications for Business Certificate of Completion
Who It's For
Progressive leaders in both the public and private sectors that need to understand what new digital technologies such as blockchain can and can’t do for their organizations. Representative roles and industries that can benefit include:
- Business/technology strategists and consultants
- Entrepreneurs who are interested in launching new ventures relating to blockchain or cryptocurrencies
- Financial and banking professionals, including those in risk management and regulatory roles
- Government officials, policy makers, and civil servants from around the globe, as this program takes a truly global perspective
- Insurance and real estate professionals
- Investors who want to understand the developing blockchain ecosystem to inform investment decisions
- IT and security professionals
- Supply chain management professionals
Want to approach your employer about professional development and request employer support? Read the Employer Payment Assistance Guide.
Certificate of Completion
Signal your professional achievement to your network and get recognized for your completion! Upon successful completion of the program, UC Berkeley Executive Education grants a verified digital certificate of completion to participants that you are encouraged to add to your profiles.
Note: This program results in a digital certificate of completion and is not eligible for degree credit/CEUs. After successful completion of the program, your verified digital certificate will be emailed to you directly. All certificate images are for illustrative purposes only and may be subject to change at the discretion of UC Berkeley Executive Education.
Participants in the Certificate of Business Excellence (COBE) program will earn a mark of distinction from a world-class university, gain access to a powerful global network, and enjoy the flexibility of completing the program in up to three years. A UC Berkeley Certificate of Business Excellence allows individuals to create a personal learning journey structured by our four academic pillars to gain management essentials in Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Strategy, and Finance to drive both personal and organizational development.