Chief Digital Officer
Chief Digital Officer
For experienced decision-makers, the Berkeley Chief Digital Officer (CDO) Program offers a comprehensive curriculum that places an emphasis on digital innovation and strategy, its tools and techniques, and strategic views of how organizations can handle, manage, analyze, and interpret data while keeping in mind technology architectures and the business landscape. Participants will develop advanced digital acumen, craft future business strategies, and drive necessary digital change even through crises as well as learn how to identify and prioritize opportunities for monetization and improve customer experience across all touchpoints. The program’s immersive, eleven-month learning journey includes three core modules and two electives. The core modules are delivered primarily through The Forum — Berkeley's state-of-the-art virtual platform that simulates an interactive classroom environment allowing you to engage in real-time with your faculty and peer group. This highly transformative learning journey concludes with an in-person networking and graduation event at the UC Berkeley campus (when safety and travel guidelines allow).
Features, Dates, & Cost
Networking and Events
- Ability to join local alumni chapters or clubs in your region
- Access to a private network of distinguished Berkeley Haas alumni
- Invitations to the annual Berkeley Haas Alumni Conference
- Opportunity to attend select Berkeley Haas and Berkeley Executive Education networking events
- Access to Haas Amplified – Latest research and thought leadership from Industry speakers and faculty
- 30% discount on eligible future programs after completion of your Certificate of Excellence in Digital Strategy
- Get an @haas.executivealumni.berkeley.edu email forwarding address
- Public visitor access to select campus libraries and university database services. (Remote and onsite access available for select services).
News and Communication
- One-year complimentary digital subscription to the California Management Review
- Berkeley Haas Alumni newsletter
- Subscribe to the Berkeley Haas Alumni Jobs e-Newsletter with latest job postings from distinguished employers
*All benefits subject to change
Program Dates & Cost
We are currently in the process of scheduling dates for this program. Please join the contact list on our partner's site to be contacted when the next program is scheduled.
Application Deadlines are to be determined. Please note that the application fees vary based on the date on which you apply.
Who It's For
The Berkeley CDO Program is ideal for senior executives, leaders, and aspirants who are responsible for driving digital strategy or who aspire to lead enterprise-wide digital innovation. It is for those seeking to grow in their existing leadership role or step into one by building multi-functional, digital-first skill sets, driving digital innovation in organizations, and keen to engage with a diverse group of global peers.
Requirements & Partner
- Have a digital innovation agenda
- Be in a role that requires them to develop and drive strategy based on the latest digital developments
- Have 10+ years of experience
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
The Berkeley CDO Program delivers learning that will take your career as a changemaker to the next level. You will learn through interactive sessions by world-renowned faculty and industry experts, case studies, and group and individual exercises as well as live interactions with global leaders. Supplementing the core modules, you can choose to specialize in a specific area by selecting one elective from a range of topical modules in line with your learning and career goals, and will also complete a required short course on the Future of Technology.
- Managing technological innovation in established firms
- Navigating digital disruption
- Driving disruption through open innovation and intrapreneurship
- Managing alliance networks and ecosystems
- Engaging in strategic technology outsourcing and co-creation with partners
- Leadership and risk-taking in high-tech environments
- Digital strategy, innovation, and organization during times of uncertainty: navigating the current pandemic and beyond
- The four playbooks of digital strategy
- Customer selection and technology choice
- Organizational choices for digital strategy
- Value chain and disruption strategies
- Intellectual property strategies
- Deriving value from digital innovation — negotiation exercise
- Platform strategies
- Driving change and dynamic execution
- Executive decision-making with data: enable more rational decisions for you and your company
- Persuasion and influence
- Negotiation and conflict resolution
- Executive presence: communication impact for the C-suite
- Taking it back: program review and action plan
- Artificial Intelligence: Business Strategies and Applications
- Business Analytics for Leaders - From Data to Decisions
- Fintech: Frameworks, Applications, and Strategies
- Intelligent Investing for Everyone
- Leading Complex Projects
- Marketing Analytics - Strategies to Optimize ROI
Across the Berkeley CDO Program core modules experience, you will complete a Capstone Project. You will apply program learnings to a real-world challenge to deliver an actionable solution, while being guided by faculty through group coaching sessions and high-touch fireside chats.
At the end of the program, you will submit a presentation that covers the following:
- Summary of the challenge and opportunity
- Prioritization criteria, including data alignment and success metrics
- Data inventory
- Experimental techniques to test your hypothesis
- Implementation strategy and next steps
Certificate of Excellence in Digital Strategy
Completion of this program awards a Certificate of Excellence in Digital Strategy.