Chief Executive Officer Program
Chief Executive Officer
In an increasingly volatile environment, where business models are continually changing across industries, the CEO’s role is also evolving. The Berkeley Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Program has been designed to equip business leaders with the skill sets required to successfully navigate this era of uncertainty and transformation.
Fast-paced disruptions that change the way companies do business can take any form. The global crisis presented by the COVID-19 pandemic is just one example. Other factors like shifting geopolitics, market volatility, digital disruptions, and societal changes can present challenges at any time. The Berkeley CEO Program has been designed to transform senior professionals into leaders who possess the foresight, agility, and influence to lead a global organization. You will enhance your ability to lead growth strategies, seize new opportunities, and gain a competitive advantage. The program will broaden your global perspective and equip you with the latest research and best practices in leadership, culture, and innovation. You will emerge from the program prepared to lead with a greater purpose, inspire performance, and foster an organizational culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). Above all, you will develop the vision and the drive required to lead a global organization in the 21st century.
Features, Dates, & Cost
Networking and Events
- Ability to join local alumni chapters or clubs in your region
- Access to a private network of distinguished Berkeley Haas alumni
- Invitations to the annual Berkeley Haas Alumni Conference
- Opportunity to attend select Berkeley Haas and Berkeley Executive Education Networking events opened to the COBE community
- Access to Haas Insights – Latest research and thought leadership from Industry speakers and faculty
- 30% discount on eligible future programs after completion of your Certificate of Excellence in Senior Executive Leadership
- Get an @haas.executivealumni.berkeley.edu email forwarding address
- Public access to the Long Business Library and other university database services (onsite access only)
News and Communication
- One-year complimentary digital subscription to the California Management Review
- Berkeley Haas Alumni newsletter
- Subscribe to the Berkeley Haas Alumni Jobs e-Newsletter with latest job postings from distinguished employers
*All benefits subject to change
Program Dates & Cost
We are currently in the process of scheduling dates for this program. Please join the waitlist on our partner's site to be contacted when the next program is scheduled.
Application Deadlines are to be determined. Please note that the application fees vary based on the date on which you apply.
Who It's For
The Berkeley CEO Program is designed for senior executives who are ready to accelerate their career to the highest level of leadership. It is designed for CEOs as well as for senior leaders who are identified as critical to a company's succession plan.
Requirements & Partner
- A minimum of 15 years of work experience
- A demonstrated track record of leading regional/global teams and motivating by example
- The agenda and ability to drive transformation in a complex, uncertain business environment
- Substantial work experience, including significant time as a business leader ideally across regions and cultures
- Readiness to immerse themselves in a transformative learning experience that offers an opportunity for serious self-assessment
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Partner Learning Experience
Learn more about the Emeritus partner program learning experience.
The Berkeley CEO Program delivers learning that will help you fulfill your potential. Three core modules will provide you with the tools and frameworks to effectively lead innovation and change. You will explore various leadership styles to emerge as a more strategic leader equipped to build and inspire high-impact teams, and drive organizational transformation. Your in-depth learning journey will include lectures by faculty experts and specialists, case studies, group and individual exercises, and discussions with global leaders.
- Systems of innovation: The Silicon Valley ecosystem as a model
- Technical platforms: A framework for strategic innovation
- Customer-focused design
- Essential drivers of the digital economy
- Driving digital transformation and innovation
- Leading growth strategies
- Intrapreneurship (leading strategic innovation and change)
- Strategy in competitive markets
- Future-proof: Leading and succeeding in the global economy
- Corporate strategy: M&A
- Corporate strategy: Sustainability
- Leadership and executive presence
- Leading your team
- Managing your network
- Strategic negotiations
- Strategic storytelling
- Judgment and decision making
- Leading across differences: Conflict Management
- Beyond yourself: CSR and leading the sustainable business
- Driving change and dynamic execution
- Using influence to lead change
- Your leadership style: What you think it is, what others think, and what it all means
- Leading strategy execution through culture
- Organizational canvas (exercise)
- Leadership in crises
- Leading high-performing organizations and developing a growth-oriented culture
- Fostering a culture of innovation through DEI
- Sustainability, leadership, and ethics
- Managing the board
- Taking action and getting traction
- Blockchain for Leaders
- Digital Transformation
- AI for Business
- Business Analytics for Leaders
- Future of Technology
The program ends with a three-day in-person event, which will be held at the UC Berkeley campus in California. This Global CEO Conference will be an action-packed networking opportunity featuring in-person faculty-led sessions, master classes, campus immersions, guest speakers and peer discussions. Scheduled networking opportunities will allow you to interact with your peers and grow your professional community. Prepare for enriching encounters along the way.
Certificate of Excellence in Senior Executive Leadership
Completion of this program awards a Certificate of Excellence in Senior Executive Leadership.