Chief Executive Officer Program
Chief Executive Officer
In an increasingly volatile environment, where business models are continually changing across industries, the CEO’s role is also evolving. The Berkeley Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Program has been designed to equip business leaders with the skill sets required to successfully navigate this era of uncertainty and transformation.
Fast-paced disruptions that change the way companies do business can take any form. Factors like shifting geopolitics, market volatility, digital disruptions, and societal changes can present challenges at any time. The Berkeley CEO Program has been designed to transform senior professionals into leaders who possess the foresight, agility, and influence to lead a global organization. You will enhance your ability to lead growth strategies, seize new opportunities, and gain a competitive advantage. The program will broaden your global perspective and equip you with the latest research and best practices in leadership, culture, and innovation. You will emerge from the program prepared to lead with a greater purpose, inspire performance, and foster an organizational culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). Above all, you will develop the vision and the drive required to lead a global organization in the 21st century.
Features, Dates, & Cost
Networking and Events
- Ability to join local alumni chapters or clubs in your region
- Access to a private network of distinguished Berkeley Haas alumni
- Invitations to the annual Berkeley Haas Alumni Conference
- Opportunity to attend select Berkeley Haas and Berkeley Executive Education networking events
- Access to Haas Amplified – Latest research and thought leadership from Industry speakers and faculty
- 30% discount on eligible future programs after completion of your Certificate of Excellence in Senior Executive Leadership
- Get an @haas.executivealumni.berkeley.edu email forwarding address
- Public visitor access to select campus libraries and university database services. (Remote and onsite access available for select services).
News and Communication
- One-year complimentary digital subscription to the California Management Review
- Berkeley Haas Alumni newsletter
- Subscribe to the Berkeley Haas Alumni Jobs e-Newsletter with latest job postings from distinguished employers
*All benefits subject to change
Program Dates & Cost
Orientation: June 29, 2023
Module 1: July 11 - August 22, 2023
Module 2: September 5 - October 17, 2023
Module 3: October 31 - December 13, 2023
Short Program: March - May 2024
Global Leadership Conference: June 2024 (final date to be confirmed)
- Round 1 - February 21, 2023 - $200
- Round 2 - March 28, 2023 - $200
- Round 3 - May 5, 2023 - $200
- Round 4 - June 8, 2023 - $300
Early application benefit available
Who It's For
The Berkeley CEO Program is designed for senior executives who are ready to accelerate their career to the highest level of leadership. It is designed for CEOs as well as for senior leaders who are identified as critical to a company's succession plan.
Requirements & Partner
- A minimum of 15 years of work experience
- A demonstrated track record of leading regional/global teams and motivating by example
- The agenda and ability to drive transformation in a complex, uncertain business environment
- Substantial work experience, including significant time as a business leader ideally across regions and cultures
- Readiness to immerse themselves in a transformative learning experience that offers an opportunity for serious self-assessment
- Fluency in written and spoken English
The Berkeley CEO Program delivers learning that will help you fulfill your potential. Three core topics will provide you with the tools and frameworks to effectively lead innovation and change. You will explore various leadership styles to emerge as a more strategic leader equipped to build and inspire high-impact teams, and drive organizational transformation. Your in-depth learning journey will include lectures by faculty experts and specialists, case studies, group and individual exercises, and discussions with global leaders.
- Systems of innovation: The Silicon Valley ecosystem as a model
- Technical platforms: A framework for strategic innovation
- Customer-focused design
- The four playbooks of digital strategy
- Leading growth strategies
- Intrapreneurship (leading strategic innovation and change)
- Strategy in competitive markets
- Future-proof: Leading and succeeding in the global economy
- Corporate strategy: M&A
- Corporate strategy: Sustainability
- Leadership and executive presence
- Leading your team
- Managing your network
- Strategic negotiations
- Strategic storytelling
- Judgment and decision making
- Leading across differences: Conflict Management
- Beyond yourself: CSR and leading the sustainable business
- Driving change and dynamic execution
- Using influence to lead change
- Your leadership style: What you think it is, what others think, and what it all means
- Leading strategy execution through culture
- Organizational canvas (exercise)
- Leadership in crises
- Leading high-performing organizations and developing a growth-oriented culture
- Fostering a culture of innovation through DEI
- Sustainability, leadership, and ethics
- Managing the board
- Taking action and getting traction
The eight-week Future of Technology asynchronous short program provides a framework for assessing key disruptive technology trends and creating a roadmap to implement strategies. It has been designed to examine specific aspects of emerging tech, such as artificial intelligence, internet of things, robotics, quantum computing, cybersecurity, and blockchain, while offering tools and frameworks for conceiving and assessing technology-driven futures.
This short program features weekly faculty videos, real-world case studies and assignments, interaction with a learning facilitator, and four live sessions with faculty via Zoom. It will give you insights on how to leverage disruptive technology to drive innovation strategies and gain a competitive advantage.
Over eight weeks of asynchronous online sessions, you will:
- Explore trends, insights, and implications of key disruptive technologies
- Apply tools and frameworks to evaluate opportunities in technology
- Build resilience in your organization amid technology disruption
- Drive innovation strategy using data-driven insights
- Create a technology portfolio that can evaluate your company's leadership position
Across the Berkeley CEO Program experience, you will complete a capstone personal case project. You will apply classroom lessons to a real personal leadership challenge or opportunity to deliver an actionable solution. You will be informed by faculty content sessions and guided by your executive coach and peers. At the on-campus event in Berkeley, you will share the codified learnings from your experience as a personal case story.
The program ends with a three-day in-person event, which will be held at the UC Berkeley campus in California. This Global Leadership Conference will be an action-packed networking opportunity featuring in-person faculty-led sessions, master classes, campus immersions, guest speakers and peer discussions. Scheduled networking opportunities will allow you to interact with your peers and grow your professional community. Prepare for enriching encounters along the way.
Certificate of Excellence in Senior Executive Leadership
Completion of this program awards a Certificate of Excellence in Senior Executive Leadership.