2-month online program | 4-6 hours per week
Successful organizations don’t simply manage data as a cost driver; they harness data as a value driver. If your team has less expertise in leveraging data than it does in accruing it, you’re not alone.
Our Data Strategy program presents practical, strategic advice and case studies so you can develop and implement a data strategy to deliver on your business objectives by leveraging data management, data governance, data technology, data analytics, and a data-driven culture.
This program is a practical how-to guide. It is built on industry best practices, academic research, and faculty experience building data strategy for organizations across industries. You’ll learn to apply frameworks and methodologies to create value from your data, and you’ll build a data-focused roadmap to gain a competitive advantage.
Features, Dates, & Cost
- World-renowned Berkeley Haas and Executive Education Faculty
- Video lectures from Berkeley Haas faculty
- Interviews with guest speakers
- Live, interactive sessions (also available as recordings)
- Peer discussions, exercises, and crowd-sourced activities
- Industry use cases and case studies
- Personalized and peer-review feedback
- Capstone Project
- Live office hours with faculty
- Exclusive online network-building opportunities
- Access to the program alumni community
- Data Strategy: Leveraging Data as a Competitive Advantage Certificate of Completion
Who It's For
The program is designed for technology leaders, IT managers, and data managers who want to develop data strategies that align with their organizations’ business goals. This program will be particularly beneficial for those in the following roles:
- Senior managers and executives in technology seeking to develop and implement sound data strategies to create value and drive business gains through data (CTO, CIO, CDO, CISO, Director of Technology, Director of Information Systems, Director of Engineering, Director of Analytics)
- Data managers, entrepreneurs, IT managers, and IT consultants seeking to identify and implement best practices in their data projects, and think strategically about building data-driven products at scale. (Data Manager, Analytics Manager, IT Manager, Project Manager, Engineering Manager, SaaS Consultant)
Want to approach your employer about professional development and request employer support? Read the Employer Payment Assistance Guide.
Certificate of Completion
Signal your professional achievement to your network and get recognized for your completion! Upon successful completion of the program, UC Berkeley Executive Education grants a verified digital certificate of completion to participants that you are encouraged to add to your profiles.
Note: This program results in a digital certificate of completion and is not eligible for degree credit/CEUs. After successful completion of the program, your verified digital certificate will be emailed to you directly. All certificate images are for illustrative purposes only and may be subject to change at the discretion of UC Berkeley Executive Education.
Participants in the Certificate of Business Excellence (COBE) program will earn a mark of distinction from a world-class university, gain access to a powerful global network, and enjoy the flexibility of completing the program in up to three years. A UC Berkeley Certificate of Business Excellence allows individuals to create a personal learning journey structured by our four academic pillars to gain management essentials in Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Strategy, and Finance to drive both personal and organizational development.