Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
6-month online program | 15-20 hours per week
Technologies driven by machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) have transformed industries and everyday life — from facial and voice recognition software to intelligent robotics for manufacturing, life-saving medical diagnostics, self-driving vehicles, and much more. The possibilities for ML/AI applications are virtually unlimited and sought after in practically every industry segment. That's why global organizations are actively recruiting IT professionals with the specialized skills and proficiencies needed to develop future ML/AI technological innovations.
The Professional Certificate in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence from UC Berkeley is built in collaboration with the College of Engineering and the Haas School of Business. Over the course of this program, you will gain hands-on experience solving real-world technical and business challenges using the latest ML/AI tools available. You will leave the program with highly sought-after skills that will help you build a successful career in this field.
Features, Dates, & Cost
- World-renowned Berkeley Haas and UC Berkeley Engineering faculty
- Video lectures from faculty
- Live, interactive sessions (also available as recordings)
- Peer discussions and exercises
- Hands-on coding activities: Coding exercises are integrated into various modules. They allow you to practice building composite skills to prepare you for assignments and portfolio projects.
- Personalized and peer-review feedback
- Capstone Project
- Live office hours with faculty
- Exclusive online network-building opportunities
- Access to the program alumni community
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Certificate of Completion
The program curriculum covers the following topics:
Your learning journey will commence with exploring the basic concepts, and industry-standard notations in ML/AI and exploring the real-world contexts for the data science lifecycle. It then progresses to drawing business conclusions from data sets and visualizations.
- Module 1: Introduction to Machine Learning
- Module 2: Fundamentals of Machine Learning
- Module 3: Introduction to Data Analysis
- Module 4: Fundamentals of Data Analysis
- Module 5: Practical Applications I
In this section, you will gain hands-on experience with coding in Python to create k-means algorithms and apply functions. You will also learn how to predict outcomes using multiple linear regression models, create visual decision trees, and interpret various kinds of ML/AI decision models.
- Module 6: Clustering and Principal Component Analysis
- Module 7: Linear and Multiple Regression
- Module 8: Feature Engineering and Overfitting
- Module 9: Model Selection and Regularization
- Module 10: Time Series Analysis and Forecasting
- Module 11: Practical Applications II
- Module 12: Classification and k-Nearest Neighbors
- Module 13: Logistic Regression
- Module 14: Decision Trees
- Module 15: Gradient Descent and Optimization
- Module 16: Support Vector Machines
- Module 17: Practical Applications III
In the final section, you will gain a deeper understanding of advanced ML/AI concepts, such as Natural Language Processing and Deep Neural Networks. You will also conduct research and analysis to complete your capstone project in ML/AI.
- Module 18: Natural Language Processing
- Module 19: Recommendation Systems
- Module 20: Capstone I
- Module 21: Ensemble Techniques (GBM, XGB, and Random Forest)
- Module 22: Deep Neural Networks I
- Module 23: Deep Neural Networks II
- Module 24: Capstone II
Who It's For
This program is designed to provide learners with the fundamental knowledge and practical applications of ML/AI tools and frameworks needed to transition into an exciting, high-demand career in this field. This program is for anyone with a technology or math background, including:
- IT and engineering professionals who want to unlock new opportunities for career growth and chart a cutting-edge career path
- Data and business analysts who want to gain better growth trajectories
- Recent science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) graduates and academics who want to enter the private sector and scale the positive impact of evolving technologies
This program will equip you with the hands-on skills needed to launch or accelerate your career in ML and AI. Representative job titles include:
- Data Scientist
- Machine Learning Scientist
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Artificial Intelligence Engineer
Certificate of Completion
Signal your professional achievement to your network and get recognized for your completion! Upon successful completion of the program, UC Berkeley Executive Education grants a verified digital certificate of completion to participants that you are encouraged to add to your profiles.
Note: This program results in a digital certificate of completion and is not eligible for degree credit/CEUs. After successful completion of the program, your verified digital certificate will be emailed to you directly. All certificate images are for illustrative purposes only and may be subject to change at the discretion of UC Berkeley Executive Education.
Participants in the Certificate of Business Excellence (COBE) program will earn a mark of distinction from a world-class university, gain access to a powerful global network, and enjoy the flexibility of completing the program in up to three years. A UC Berkeley Certificate of Business Excellence allows individuals to create a personal learning journey structured by our four academic pillars to gain management essentials in Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Strategy, and Finance to drive both personal and organizational development.