Alex Budak is a faculty member at UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business where he created and teaches the transformative course, “Becoming a Changemaker.” Regularly one of Haas’ highest rated offerings, Alex’s changemaker course brings together his experience as an entrepreneur, academic and advisor to changemakers around the world. Outside of teaching, Alex also serves as Executive Director of the Berkeley Haas Global Access Program.
Before joining UC Berkeley, he co-founded StartSomeGood.com, which has helped over 1,000 changemakers in 50 countries raise over $10 Million USD.
A Silicon Valley native, Budak helped Change.org raise $30M from impact investors and while living in Stockholm, Sweden ran Scandinavia’s leading incubator. He’s written about leadership for FastCompany and the Guardian and his work as a changemaker and educator has been featured in publications including Forbes and the Washington Post.
He received a Master of Public Policy degree from Georgetown University and a BA from UCLA.
- UCLA’s Recent Graduate of the Year (2017)
- Real Leaders Magazine 100 Visionary Leaders for a Better World
- Diplomatic Courier’s Foreign Policy Top 99 under 33
- Friends of Europe: Top 10 North American Young Leader under 40
- YouthActionNet Global Fellow, Social Enterprise