The Innovative Organization
The Innovative Organization
About the Program
Innovation drives the modern enterprise. Entrepreneurial leaders of successful firms thrive on capturing and capitalizing on the opportunities created by new technologies, new markets, and new ways of doing business. But are you successfully promoting an innovative business culture within your organization? To stay relevant in today’s dynamic marketplace, complacency is not an option. Companies must continually seek ways to ideate, innovate, and push through new ideas – from concept to implementation – in order to remain competitive.
The Innovative Organization is a fresh take on corporate innovation that prepares managers and leaders to embrace the challenges and opportunities of creating a truly ambidextrous enterprise -- one that is capable of both entrepreneurial opportunity development and excellent execution (both essential but potentially conflicting activities). The program provides the frameworks and tools for executives to capitalize on the trends and opportunities of today’s rapid innovation cycles.
The program empowers you to be a transformative leader by designing your own personal innovation glide-path.
The Innovative Organization provides an optimal educational foundation to advance to other Berkeley Executive Education offerings including the Venture Capital Executive Program, Strategy in Competitive Markets, and Corporate Business Model Innovation.
The Innovative Organization program curriculum covers the following topics:
- The challenge and opportunity of innovation
- Models of innovation: Mature companies and startup ventures
- Open innovation
- Customer-Centric innovation
- Live cases in innovation: Major corporations panel
- Opportunity, strategy, and assessment
- Corporate venturing
- Technology-Driven innovation trends & case studies
- Live cases in innovation: Entrepreneurs panel
- Organization design of innovation
- The lean launchpad
- Lean innovation management
- Applying the innovation process to business model creation
- Business model discovery and transformation
- Sustainability as an innovation strategy
- Live cases in innovation: Venture capitalists
- Power and influence
- Mastering the influence to move the organization
- Live cases in innovation: Your personal innovation plan
Download the program topics
Download the program schedule
Who It's For
- C-Suite executives
- Division managers
- Executives who manage teams or effect change within their organizations
Cost & Features
- Five-day in-person innovation intensive at UC Berkeley Haas School of Business campus
- Advanced innovation tools and frameworks
- Blend of cutting-edge theory & practical applications
- Unrivaled training from industry experts and Berkeley Haas faculty
- Exclusive networking opportunities with peers and Silicon Valley business leaders
- The Innovative Organization Program Certificate of Completion
A UC Berkeley Certificate of Business Excellence gives individuals the opportunity to create a personal plan of study structured by our four academic pillars. Participants will earn a mark of distinction with certification from a world-class university, and enjoy the flexibility of completing the program in up to three years.