Customer Obsessed Design for Product Management
Customer Obsessed Design
About the Program
Why do people love their Dyson vacuums more than their Dustbusters? How did Salesforce quadruple average contract value for key clients while dramatically improving customer satisfaction? How did Airbnb advance from an inflatable bed in the founder’s apartment in 2007 to a $100B valuation in 2020, during a pandemic? In Customer Obsessed Design for Product Management, the people who make stories like these possible will show you exactly how they do it.
It’s more than just paying attention to your customers. It is an obsession with understanding your customers’ needs.
Using the tools of customer-centric design, ethnography and storytelling, you will learn how to conduct successful customer and user interviews, extract important customer insights from those interviews, share those insights with key stakeholders in your company, and galvanize action around those insights. You will learn how transformative customer experiences are created.
Cost & Features
- Instruction hours will be live, in real time, with professors and classmates, held on Thursdays from 9:00 am-12:30 pm PST, for six weeks.
- Before the first live meeting and between live meetings, the program will continue online, with short video lectures, interview examples, class discussions, readings, and field assignments.
- Participatory, active program design, with an emphasis on small group exercises and conversations, and peer coaching with classmates.
- Optional faculty coaching sessions held on Wednesdays from 10:30 AM -12:30 PM PST
- Lab platform
- Exclusive networking opportunities and access to the program alumni community.
- Extended post-program access to select course material.
- Customer Obsessed Design for Product Management (Online) Certificate of Completion
Who It's For
Customer Obsessed Design for Product Management was created for product development and product management professionals who want to differentiate from their competitors and create world class customer experiences. This training program is relevant whether your customers are B2B, B2C, within your company, or external to your organization.
Specific job roles that can benefit from attending the program are:
- Product Managers
- Product Marketers
- Product Designers
- Program Managers
- UX Designers
- Marketing Professionals
- Research & Development Professionals
A UC Berkeley Certificate of Business Excellence gives individuals the opportunity to create a personal plan of study structured by our four academic pillars. Participants will earn a mark of distinction with certification from a world-class university, and enjoy the flexibility of completing the program in up to three years.
Interested in attending this program with a group of your colleagues?
Interested in customizing this program for your organization?
Kim Fisher is a former software CEO and Product Management Executive who now focuses on designing courses for, and coaching, Product Managers. She has also led incubators for start-up companies.