The online partner programs with Emeritus are designed to meet the needs of individual learning styles, while also leveraging the power of peer learning. This is achieved through a user-friendly learning platform that enables participants to easily navigate the program content to achieve learning objectives.
Access to program content is flexible and available through multiple devices, allowing working professionals to easily manage schedules and learn remotely—anytime, anywhere. Participants enrolled in the program obtain access to learning materials in a modular approach, with new content released weekly. Program modules include networking sessions and a variety of teaching instruments such as:
- Video lectures
- Class materials: articles, cases
To further personalize the program modules, live sessions are scheduled during the program.
Live Sessions include:
- Weekly Office Hours with Learning Facilitators, to go over the course material, assignments, and Q&A
- Faculty Webinars, where the faculty joins live with the course participants to deliver a presentation on a specific topic and then have some Q&A time
- Networking Sessions, many of Berkeley Haas courses have live networking sessions, where participants do activities to network (they join in breakout rooms to discuss certain topics, etc)
For participants who are unable to attend these live sessions, a recording is made available so nothing is missed. Our industry-leading learning platform allows participants to create a profile, connect and collaborate with peers, and interact with academic/industry experts such as program leaders and learning facilitators. Assignments are often linked to participants' real-world situations, making concepts inherently practical.
*Returning Participants: Please note, the learning platform will be separate from non-partner programs offered by Berkeley Executive Education and will require a separate login/password for access and program tracking.
Each program kicks off with the Orientation module/Week 0 which provides an overview of the program along with the program outline, requirements to earn the Certificate of Completion, frequently asked questions (FAQs), and an overview of the learning platform. The learning platform (Canvas) is your central point of access to all program content, including video lectures, assignments, and discussions.
After Orientation, a new module is made available every week via the learning platform. The time commitment is estimated at 6-8 hours per week, self-paced and entirely online. During each week, participants are expected to complete the following:
- Watch 10 to 15 pre-recorded video lectures of 5-10 minutes each
- Participate in the discussion boards
- Complete the weekly assignment
- Optional to attend the office hours and/or bi-weekly faculty live session
There are multiple faculty live sessions spread throughout the program and are usually held at 8:00 AM PT. Sessions will be recorded.
There are also weekly office hours with the learning facilitators to help answer participant questions on the program content and assignments and to give feedback on the assignments. These sessions will also be recorded.
In addition to the practical knowledge that you’ll gain from the video lectures, you’ll learn from live webinars with faculty, learning facilitators, peer discussions, case studies, assignments, and quizzes. Participants are encouraged to connect via moderated discussion boards on the canvas platform as well.
At the end of the online program, you may be required to complete a capstone project, addressing a real-world challenge you face in your organization depending on your program selection. Learning facilitators provide guidance and feedback that make this a highly practical use of your time.
Upon successful completion of the program, UC Berkeley Executive Education grants a verified digital certificate of completion to participants. Participants must complete 80 percent of the required activities including a capstone project (if any) to obtain the certificate of completion. Eligible programs also count toward a Certificate of Business Excellence.
To access our programs, participants will need the following:
- Valid email address
- Computing device connected to the internet: PC/laptop, tablet recommended.
- The latest version of their preferred browser to access our learning platform assignments
- Microsoft Office and PDF viewer to access content such as documents, spreadsheets, presentations, PDF files, and transcripts
To help guide you through the process from registration to completion, you have a team of people supporting you:
- Enrollment Advisor: To help you with your registration, scheduling and financing needs.
- Learning Facilitator: A subject expert who’ll guide you through content-related challenges
- Tech Support: Available 24/7 to solve your tech-related and administrative queries and concerns
Connect with a Program Advisor: