Welcome to Berkeley
What to Expect When You Come to Campus
We are excited to begin welcoming our Berkeley Executive Education participants back to campus!
Berkeley Exec Ed has invested significantly in industry-leading digital assets and our amazing faculty members have worked tirelessly to virtualize our portfolio of programs, enabling our executive clients to continue their learning journeys in the safety of our virtual classrooms and/or enhanced Zoom environments.
Assuming improved health and safety, and campus approval, we will fully reinstate in-person programs at UC Berkeley beginning January 1, 2022, while continuing to provide online learning opportunities for our global participants.
At Berkeley Executive Education, all policies and protocols are designed to protect the health and safety of our participants, faculty, staff and community. Please note that all Berkeley Executive Education participants must be fully vaccinated. You will also be requested to complete a Daily Symptom Screener before your arrival to campus each day.
As you prepare for your visit, we want to ensure you have all needed information easily accessible in one place and have answers to many frequently asked questions below. For the most up-to-date information, please visit the UC Berkeley Coronavirus site, including detailed information on Return to Campus guidelines.
If you have any questions or concerns not answered here, please find contact details below and reach out to let us know how we can help.
Please note: As the COVID situation continues to evolve globally, all information included here is subject to change based upon Cal/OSHA, California Department of Public Health, University of California, Centers for Disease Control and City of Berkeley guidance and policy. Please check back regularly for the most updated information.
Frequently Asked Questions
VACCINATION, FACE COVERINGS POLICIES & PROTOCOLS
All students, staff, faculty, and Executive Education participants on the UC Berkeley campus are required to be fully vaccinated and to obtain a booster shot as soon as they are eligible.
- Executive Education participants are included under the Guidelines for UC Berkeley Students.
- For more details, here is the detailed University of California Vaccine Policy.
- A COVID-19 Vaccine satisfies the requirements of this policy if: (i) the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a License or an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for the vaccine or; (ii) the World Health Organization has approved Emergency Use Listing (EUL).
- Legally required exemptions and exceptions for disability and religious belief will be honored. Bring documentation with you and compliance will be addressed at entry. Those requesting exemptions/exceptions must bring proof of a negative COVID test taken within 72 hours prior to program start to present with their exemption documentation on the first day of the program and must test weekly during the program. Here is a list of Testing Sites in California.
- Please bring evidence of vaccination (and booster when eligible) and a photo ID that matches the name on the vaccination verification to the first day of the program, where it will be checked upon entry.
- Proof of Full Vaccination (including booster shot when eligible) shall include only the following documentation indicating that at least two weeks have elapsed since a person received their final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized (including emergency authorization) by the FDA or World Health Organization:
- A Vaccination Card issued by the CDC or a foreign governmental jurisdiction which includes the name of the person vaccinated, the type of vaccine provided, and the date(s) the dose or doses were administered; or
- A photo or copy of a Vaccination Card either as a hardcopy or stored on a phone or electronic device; or
- Documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider; or
- A personal digital COVID-19 vaccine record issued by the State of California and available by going to https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/ or similar documentation issued by another state, local, or foreign governmental jurisdiction; or Health, Housing & Community Services Department Public Health Officer; or
- An authentic digital record that includes a QR code that when scanned by a SMART Health Card reader accurately displays to the reader client name, date of birth, vaccine dates and vaccine type.
UC Berkeley does not promise or guarantee that all guests or employees on site are vaccinated. Unvaccinated individuals may be present as a result of exemptions, exceptions, fraudulent verification, or checker error. None of these precautions eliminate the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
Effective 1/31/22, UC Berkeley requires that all staff, faculty, and students including Executive Education participants obtain a booster shot as soon as they are eligible. For more information on booster eligibility, please reference the CDC overview of booster shot eligibility.
UC Berkeley expects everyone to get tested before arriving to study on campus. This includes all students, staff, faculty and other academic appointees. For the purpose of the spring 2022 return to campus testing, you may get tested off-campus and at-home antigen tests are acceptable. PCR tests are more accurate and are preferred over antigen tests when available. Here is a list of Testing Sites in California.
- Those requesting exemptions/exceptions must bring proof of a negative COVID test taken within 72 hours prior to program start to present with their exemption documentation on the first day of the program and must test weekly during the program.
We strongly recommend that participants activate CA Notify. Once you activate CA Notify, all you do is keep your Bluetooth on. You will only receive alerts if you were in close contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19. Your privacy is protected as your identity is not known and your specific location is not tracked.
Should you become ill or test positive during the program, please isolate immediately in your hotel room (or other location of your choice) and follow updated CDC guidelines for isolation and quarantine. If you wish to let Berkeley Exec Ed know about such matters, and/or have questions about the possibility of continuing the program remotely, etc., please contact the Program Services Manager by the email provided on the program website.
While Berkeley Exec Ed will make every effort to provide the best possible learning experience for any remote participant(s) due to illness during the program, please understand that in-person programs are designed to optimize the in-person learning experience.
For fully vaccinated individuals arriving in California from global locations, quarantine is not required.
You can find current CDC guidelines on requirements for international travelers visiting the US here.
Given constantly evolving conditions and guidelines globally, please check specific requirements for your place of origin and airline. You can find updated US travel restrictions here.
UC Berkeley Executive Education is not responsible for travel/hotel reservations made for the attendance of our in-person programs and associated expenses if programs are either canceled due to COVID-restrictions or cannot be attended due to non-compliance with our vaccination policy. For this reason, we highly recommend you plan your travel accordingly.
Our catering partners and campus food services providers must comply with CDC, WHO and local public health guidelines and are fully trained in protocols for food safety and serving.
UC Berkeley is working to make sure that campus ventilation and filtration systems provide appropriate COVID-19 risk mitigation. You can learn more about Berkeley Building Ventilation and Filtration protocols here.
In order to provide the safest possible environment, buildings will likely be ventilated with the maximum possible amount of outside air. This means it could be cold inside from time to time. We, therefore, ask that you plan to dress accordingly and bring layers.
For general questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you are a Custom client, please reach out to your Client Solutions partner with any questions not answered here.