Frequently Asked Questions
The program fee does not include hotel accommodations, but we have negotiated special rates for our UC Berkeley Executive Education programs at several local hotels in Berkeley including:
- Graduate Berkeley: +1-510-845-8981. The hotel is located at 2600 Durant Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94704. Graduate Berkeley is within walking distance of the campus. To reserve a room with the UCBEXED promotion/corporate code pre-loaded, please click here.
- Hotel Shattuck: +1-510-845-7300. The hotel is located at 2086 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA 94704. The Hotel Shattuck is also within walking distance of the campus and within steps of the BART station (Bay Area Rapid Transit). Staying here allows you quick access to both the Berkeley campus as well as, quick access to public transportation to the airport(s) and the city of San Francisco. To reserve a room with the BEE promo, please click here and enter in the discount code "BEE".
- Claremont Hotel Club & Spa: +1800-551-7266. The hotel is located at 41 Tunnel Road, Berkeley, CA 94705. Please note, the hotel is approx 2 miles from the campus. Hotel shuttle and other transportation services are available. When making your reservations, please ask for the UCB/Haas rate. Or, if registering online - enter "NBEE" in the corporate/promotion code box. Click here to register.
Please note: special offers/discounted rates are subject to hotel availability.
The following hotels are within a short walk to the program facility on the UC Berkeley campus. Please note: the walk includes a slight incline through campus. If you decide not to walk, taxis and/or share rides services (Uber, Lyft) are readily available.
- Graduate Berkeley: ~ 7-10 minute walk through campus to the Haas School of Business
- Hotel Shattuck: ~ 20-25 minute walk uphill through downtown Berkeley and through campus to the Haas School of Business
During the program, meals (breakfast, lunch, and light snacks) are provided in the classroom or at a nearby dining facility. We will do our best to accommodate special meal requests (vegetarian, food allergies, etc) when notified in advance. Please note: your Program Manager will reach out to you to inquire about dietary restrictions if you haven't already provided the information within your enrollment form.CONTACT US
Participants with special dietary requirements are asked to contact their Program Manager prior to arrival.CONTACT US
We will do our best to accommodate the special needs of our participants including mobility, vision, hearing, other physical impairments, health conditions, or learning disabilities. Please contact your Program Manager for assistance with any special needs.CONTACT US
The Bay Area climate is mild year-round with warm days and cool evenings. However, the temperature can fluctuate substantially throughout the day and its best to dress in layers or bring a light jacket. Business casual clothing is recommended for our programs.CONTACT US
We’ll be happy to answer it!
At the end of each Open Enrollment program, we award Certificates of Completion that signify you have fully participated and engaged in the program. We understand that there are, from time to time, unforeseen medical and family emergencies that might prohibit you from full participation. For these situations, if you miss 20% or less of a program, you will still receive your Certificate of Completion. If you do not fully participate in more than 80% of a program, you will not receive a Certificate of Completion.CONTACT US
We’ll be happy to answer it!
Your enrollment within a program is not guaranteed until payment in full is received. If you need to make other payment arrangements, such as payment by check, purchase order or via electronic funds transfer (ACH), payment is due upon receipt of that invoice.CONTACT US
Payments can be made via credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express), check, purchase order or electronic wire transfer. If you elect to be billed for the program, payment details will be provided on your invoice.CONTACT US
We understand that busy executives often have schedule changes and we will do our best to make it easy for you.
- Cancellations for a full refund can be made within 5 business days of initial registration.
- To cancel from a program and receive a full refund, the registrant must submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org within 5 business days of registration.
- Program transfers will be granted up to 5 business days of the program start date. To transfer to a different iteration date of the same program, a registrant must submit a written request to email@example.com. Every accommodation will be made to ensure enrollment in the next upcoming iteration. If the requested program is sold out, the registrant will be placed on the waitlist.
The program fee includes tuition, all program materials, and all meals during the program (breakfast, lunch). Please note: the program fee does not include hotel accommodations, meals outside of the program (dinner) or parking.CONTACT US
We’ll be happy to answer it!
Laptops are not required, but some programs require a laptop to run a simulation. Simulations are often done in teams so you could pair with someone if you don't have a laptop. You will be notified if your particular requires a laptop.CONTACT US
The first day of a program begins with check-in and you will receive the materials you will use throughout the rest of the program. Information on the start time and exact location will be sent to you approximately one month prior to the start of the program via the participant website. Some programs also have a welcome reception at the end of the first day. The complete schedule, including reception time, will also be sent to you via the participant website.CONTACT US
On the last day of the program, you'll receive a Certificate of Completion given at the end of the day. If you need to leave early due to travel plans, your Program Manager can arrange to get you the certificate early; please inform the Program Manager of your early departure before the last day of the program.CONTACT US
Our programs are founded on the principle of applied learning. We expose you to cutting-edge research, invite you to question the status quo and explore new ways of thinking and, provide opportunities for you to define practical ways to implement those idea in your organization. We engage you in a variety of learning experiences, such as assessments, experiential activities, interactive faculty presentations and facilitated discussions, case studies, simulations, group assignments, peer coaching, executive coaching, refresher and application webinars and social learning networks. Through these activities, we extend learning beyond the classroom into the workplace to ensure new concepts and skills drive impact for your business.CONTACT US
Our programs are specifically limited in size to maximize the participant experience and interaction with faculty, guest speakers and other participants. Typically, there are about 30-50 participants in each program.CONTACT US
We know time out of the office is precious and as such, we want to make every hour out of the office and in our programs as productive as possible. Our programs span full business days starting early in the morning (typically between 8:30-9:00 am) and will go through 5 pm with lunch served in the classroom and short breaks throughout the day. Approximately 1-2 hours of evening activities and preparation for the next day are required for some programs. Please refer to the individual program sample schedule for more detail.CONTACT US
Programs are primarily held on campus at UC Berkeley in Berkeley, CA. Locations on campus include:
- The Haas School of Business at 2220 Piedmont Street, Berkeley CA
- Cal Memorial Stadium at 2227 Piedmont Street, Berkeley CA
- The Faculty Club on the UC Berkeley campus
- Other locations include: San Francisco and Sunnyvale, CA (Silicon Valley)
No, UC Berkeley Executive Education only offers non-degree programs. However, certificates are awarded to participants upon completion of each program.CONTACT US
We’ll be happy to answer it!
Registration & Enrollment
Enrolling in any one of our programs is easy, simply:
- Click on the "enroll" button on the program description page and completed the online enrollment form (should take less than 5 minutes to complete), or,
- Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1.510.642.1304 and we're happy to assist.
The enrollment deadline for each program is dependent upon the amount of pre-work required for that program (i.e. surveys, assessments and/or required reading). To ensure all pre-work can be completed prior to the program start date, enrollment for a program may close early. Please check the individual program description for the exact date of the enrollment close.CONTACT US
Yes. Enrollment is available to all global executive-level leaders (visa requirements may apply).CONTACT US
Shortly after submitting your registration, you will receive a welcome packet from the UC Berkeley Executive Education team. The welcome packet, sent via email, will include introductions from your Program Manager (your primary point of contact for your Berkeley experience), billing contact information, recommended hotels for your stay at Berkeley and of course, details regarding your program and any required pre-work (if applicable). But should you have any questions in the interim, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or via phone at: +1-510-277-5962. We are happy to walk you through the process.CONTACT US
For international participants, the B1/B2 visa (for participation in scientific, educational, professional, or business conventions, conferences, or seminars) is the appropriate visa for entry into the United States from required countries. When applying for a visa, you can ask your Program Manager to prepare an invitation letter to help with your visa application. It is important to emphasize that the visit is for business purposes.CONTACT US
Our programs are specifically limited in size to maximize the participant experience and interaction with faculty, guest speakers and other participants. Due to this limitation, we often experience sold out situations - so it's important to enroll early in pay in full immediately to guarantee your seat in the program.
To transfer to a different date, an enrolled participant can submit a written request (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) for a one-time transfer of enrollment to another iteration of the same program as long as, the next program iteration takes place within 12 months of the original date. All requests for transfer are subject to an additional fee of $300.CONTACT US
Group discounts and other special offers are available for participants that meet certain criteria:
- Corporate/Group discounts: For groups of 5 or more from the same company, participants will receive a 20% corporate group discount.
- UC Berkeley Executive Education Alumni: Previous attendees of any UC Berkeley Executive Education program are eligible to receive a discount for enrollment in any future program.
U.S. Military Service Members: U.S. Military service members (active duty and veterans) are eligible for a 15% discount. Please contact executive.berkeley.edu to inquire. Please be prepared to include one of the following documents for review: DD Form 214, 215, 256, NGB Form 22 or NGB Form 22-A.
- Berkeley-Haas Alumni: Berkeley Haas alumni enjoy 30% off any open-enrollment program with Berkeley Executive Education. Additionally, Executive Education can help address specific organizational challenges, opportunities, and goals with a custom designed program with Berkeley Haas Faculty. Contact Berkeley Executive Education for details on how you can bring the power of Berkeley to your organization with a custom program.
We’ll be happy to answer it!
Transportation & Directions
The UC Berkeley Executive Education programs are held on the UC Berkeley-Haas campus at 2220 Piedmont Avenue, Berkeley CA, 94794. The UC Berkeley campus is easily accessible from many major highways, public transportation and two major international airports (SFO and OAK). For more information, please click here.CONTACT US
Several major international airports are relatively close to the UC Berkeley campus. Please note: ground transportation times can fluctuate widely due to traffic congestion.
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO) - 25 miles, approximately 40 minutes away
- Oakland International Airport (OAK) - 15 miles, approximately 30 minutes away
- San Jose International Airport (SJC) - 45 miles, approximately 70 minutes away
Access to the UC Berkeley Campus is available through several options including:
- Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART): Trains operate from Fremont, Richmond, Bay Point/Concord and San Francisco/Daly City and includes service to San Francisco International Airport. The Berkeley BART station is 1.5 blocks west of the Berkeley campus and approximately 1 mile from the Haas School of Business. Campus shuttles run from BART to Haas every 30 minutes
- AC Transit: Bus service provides transportation for commuters to and from San Francisco and through Alameda and Western Contra Costa County. There are several AC bus lines that come near the campus area such as: #65, #52, #51, #43, #40, #15, #9, U and F.
- Campus Shuttle - Campus Perimeter (P Line) Shuttle: If you are taking campus shuttle bus, from downtown Berkeley. The cost is $1.00 each way. Service runs from 7:00am-7:30pm. Enter the bus at the Downtown Berkeley bus stop (Shattuck Avenue and Addison Street). Exit the bus at the Haas School of Business stop. Signage will be posted at the street level entrance, directing you to the classroom.
Programs are typically held at four different locations on campus:
The nearest parking facility is our Stadium Parking Garage at 2205 Piedmont Avenue, Berkeley CA 94794 between California Memorial Stadium and the Greek Theater.
Programs are typically held at five different locations on campus:
We’ll be happy to answer it!