The Product Management Certificate Program is a five-day, immersive, in-person training experience. Before you arrive, we include a six-week online component (set aside about two hours per week for this), including customized video lectures and readings, discussions with your new classmates, colleague surveys, exercises, and a simulation game.
The program combines the latest in Design Thinking with the best of the Berkeley-Haas MBA program, to prepare you for your role: understanding your customers’ environment and needs, designing customer experiences, boosting your team’s performance, and mobilizing your organization to take action and develop a competitive advantage.
Dr. Sara Beckman, who has led the program since 2006, continually updates the training program to reflect the latest research and industry best practices. Along with all program faculty, she maintains a consulting practice, to stay up-to-date on current issues facing product managers and companies like yours.
Cost & Features
- Five-day in-person program at UC Berkeley Haas School of Business campus
- Six weeks of online content prior to the intensive in-person week (set aside about two hours per week for this). This includes customized video lectures and readings, discussions with your new classmates, colleague surveys, exercises, and a simulation game.
- World-renowned Berkeley Haas and Executive Education Faculty
- Training from industry experts in design thinking, customer-focused design & insights, competitive strategy, business model generation, influence without authority, team management, and pricing
- Organization-specific Innovation Capabilities Report
- Hands-on exercises and simulations to ensure that knowledge gets put to work in your organization
- Peer coaching from industry experts that have complementary backgrounds to yours
- Exclusive networking reception with faculty
- Access to the program alumni community
- Product Management Certificate of Completion
Who It's For
- Product Managers, Directors and Vice Presidents of Product Management
- Project and Program Managers
- Engineers looking to move into or interfacing with Product Management
- General Managers who manage product portfolios and corporate strategy
- A group of colleagues or team who would like to advance their skills together
Participants in the Certificate of Business Excellence (COBE) program will earn a mark of distinction from a world-class university, gain access to a powerful global network, and enjoy the flexibility of completing the program in up to three years. A UC Berkeley Certificate of Business Excellence allows individuals to create a personal learning journey structured by our four academic pillars to gain management essentials in Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Strategy, and Finance to drive both personal and organizational development.